Old Road Tavern - Chippenham
The Old Road Tavern, Chippenham is a friendly locals pub where we go after practice. They support various aspects of folk all year round.
The previous landlady and landlord, Chris & Mick, built a really good folk reputation and made the pub garden quite an oasis in the town. New man in charge is Lindsey who, we are happy to say, has kept up the good work and still has bands and supports local dance teams.
We are lucky to have such a good and supportive pub. They even have a pub sign
with us on it!
- Good value food, fine beer on draught: 6 real ales, 3 lagers, 2 ciders...
- General music Session every first and third Sunday Evening of the month
- French music session each second Sunday of the month
- Old Road Open Mic sessions on last Sunday of the month
- Song and music session on the fifth Sunday (when there is one)
- Live bands of all sorts usually at weekends.
- Practice venue for Appalachian dancers and various bands
- Host to Chippenham Folk Festival Irish Music Session
- Supplements Chippenham Folk festival with its own Chip 'n' Ham Festival
- Additional music sessions inside and in the garden
- Free live bands in the evenings
- Big Sunday French music & dance session
- Famous Stick and Bucket Dance Competition
Click here to go back to the links page.